I have 2 students currently both who have dyslexia diagnosis. For one of these students we find that changing the background on the the screen works and assignments broken down into smaller tasks and given individually to build up the assignment over time. She is able to take notes during theory sessions and finds that she is able to use these to refer too after the session, but knows that if she has an issue she can contact me. This seems to work well as the learner has been producing distinction level pieces of work.
For the other student, she finds it really difficult to take notes and join in the discussion during theory sessions. We record our sessions with the permission of the other students involved and as we move on to another outcome I jot down the time on the recording so that when she comes to revisit the session she can jump to the outcome she wants to listen to, this has been really effective and has enabled her to fully join in discussions with her classmates and make significant contributions, she can listen back at her own pace and use the information to help complete the work. She uses a laptop for completion of work. Handouts are printed on yellow paper at her request and she sometimes uses resources such as my study bar,