Forum Hidden Dyslexia for TA/LAs

Dyslexia, specific learning difficulties and developmental disorders by Moira Thomson - Thursday, 7 April 2011, 07:04 AM

Al's Photo
Dyslexia, specific learning difficulties and developmental disorders by Moira Thomson - Thursday, 7 April 2011, 07:04 AM
by Alasdair Andrew - Saturday, 26 January 2013, 4:57 PM

It has been suggested that dyslexia may be hidden by some developmental delays/disorders in young learners.

Share your experience of the impact of such delays/ disorders on learning.

Al's Photo
Re: Dyslexia, specific learning difficulties and developmental disorders by Moira Thomson - Thursday, 7 April 2011, 07:04 AM
by Alasdair Andrew - Saturday, 26 January 2013, 4:57 PM

Picture of tracy Lenthall
Re: Dyslexia, specific learning difficulties and developmental disorders
by tracy Lenthall - Thursday, 7 July 2011, 12:55 PM
I have watched how glue ear has made it quite difficult for a new primary 1 to take to classroom life. He has found it hard to remain attentive to input and whilst his speech seems largely unaffected and his reading has been progressing well he has definately struggled more than some, with learning letter sounds and writing. Often mixing or reversing letters. He also seems to have little or no concept of personal space or spatial awareness. I know the class teacher has had her eye on him during the year and I will watch (now) with a greater understanding and interest what happens in the year to come.
Al's Photo
Re: Dyslexia, specific learning difficulties and developmental disorders by Moira Thomson - Thursday, 7 April 2011, 07:04 AM
by Alasdair Andrew - Saturday, 26 January 2013, 5:10 PM

Picture of Clare Sargent
Re: Dyslexia, specific learning difficulties and developmental disorders
by Clare Sargent - Tuesday, 13 March 2012, 10:22 PM
Hi there, before I reply, I am concerned about confidentiality. As I started to reply I realised anybody who recognized my name who saw my experience of the impact on the learning of a particular child, would immediately know who I was referring to. Please advise as I have would love to contribute. Even though I have only completed Section 2, I`m having so many `oh, that`s why that is` moments!